Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Opossum Saga: part 2

The other day we had just gotten up and we heard scratching noises from the plumbing access where we think the opossum was living. I had already returned the RC car for lack of power, but I still had the camera equipment, so I put the camera in the crawlspace access with some food to maybe entice him out. It turns out there are more critters that enjoy our crawlspace.




I have kept the camera trained on the access hole recording any activity (except for the hours of 2-4pm when the disc runs out of room). As of this writing, I still haven't seen the second critter leave, so it could very well still be down there.

I did some searching online for what foods might make good bait for either of the two visitors that were now occupying our crawlspace, and decided to set the trap the next day when we got back from school.






As you can tell, we got the opossum. Here are some closer color shots of our nocturnal nuisance.







He pretty much kept his mouth open like a baby bird looking for food. It was kind of creepy.

You're probably thinking, "what were you going to do if you caught the other creature?" To which I would respond that I didn't really think about the fact that since I had to turn the trap various directions to get it in meant that I would have to do the same thing to get it out, all while trying to keep a live animal comfortable enough to be nice to me. So lets just say I got lucky in catching the opossum.

2 comments:

  1. that. is. disgusting.

    and I think maybe you have had multiple possums down there... I don't recognize this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, Julie. I'm very much enjoying these posts. The boys are also enjoying the videos, but have expressed a desire for audio.

    ReplyDelete